KNOXVILLE – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Nov. 2 in Knoxville.
The meeting of the full board will begin at about 1:15 p.m. EDT in the Hollingsworth Auditorium on the UT Institute of Agriculture campus. A member unable to be present will be allowed to participate by telephone. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Fall Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Friday, Nov. 2
1:30 p.m. EDT/12:30 p.m. CDT
Hollingsworth Auditorium – UTIA
Two board committees are scheduled to meet prior to the meeting of the full board. All meetings will be in in the Hollingsworth Auditorium on the UT Institute of Agriculture campus. Committee meetings are scheduled as follows:
8 a.m. – Education, Research and Service Committee
10:15 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items include:
- President’s address
- Resolution honoring President Joe DiPietro and bestowing president emeritus status
- Appointment of new trustees to standing committees
- Ratification of the chair’s appointment of a special committee
- Campus policies and procedures governing early application for tenure
- Campus procedures for an enhanced tenure-track review
- Campus procedures for periodic post-tenure review of all tenured faculty
- Grant of tenure upon initial appointment to three UTHSC faculty members
- FY 2019-20 operating budget request for non-formula units
- New policy on expenditure of year-end carry forward unrestricted funds
- Revised policy on approval of student fees
- Revised investment policy and procedures
- Second amendment of lease and transfer agreement with University Health System
- Authorization for the president to approve an affiliation agreement with West Tennessee Medical Group
The full agenda for each meeting and materials are available by contacting the individual below.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EDT on Monday, Oct. 29. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first come, first served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 30 minutes.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, Oct. 31.
P-265 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996