KNOXVILLE – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet March 1 in Martin.
The meeting of the full board will begin at 1 p.m. CST/2 p.m. EST in the Duncan Ballroom of the Boling University Center on the UT Martin campus. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Two board committees are scheduled to meet prior to the meeting of the full board. All meetings will be in in the Duncan Ballroom on the UT Martin campus. Committee meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
8 a.m. – Education, Research and Service Committee
10:15 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items include:
- President’s address
- Discussion of UT 2030
- Revised standing rule on requests to address the board
- Bylaw amendment on changes in compensation and other terms of employment of chancellors and other officers
- Discussion of state comptroller’s report on Sex Week at UT Knoxville/revised board policy on a student programs and services fee
- Process for campus advisory boards to provide recommendations to the president on the proposed strategic plans and annual operating budget, including tuition and fees, for campuses
- Process for appointment of a non-voting student member of the board
- Process for appointment of a faculty member to the Education, Research, and Service Committee
- Tenure for two faculty members upon initial appointment with UT Institute of Agriculture
- UT Institute of Agriculture and UT Knoxville policies and procedures governing application for tenure before the sixth year of the probationary period
- UT Institute of Agriculture and UT Knoxville procedures for enhanced tenure-track review
- Revisions to the UT Health Science Center Faculty Handbook on peer review of teaching and on relationships with students
- New academic programs at UT Chattanooga and UT Knoxville
- Proposed Student Code of Conduct and proposed Honor Code for UT Chattanooga
- Revised fiscal year 2018-2019 operating budget
- Set fiscal year 2019-2020 tuition and fees for the UT Health Science Center
- Use of proceeds for renovation of the UT Conference Center in Knoxville for the UT Health Science Center Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology
- Long-term ground lease for a private housing development at UT Health Science Center
- Real property acquisitions for UT Martin and UT Institute of Agriculture
The full agenda for each meeting and materials are available at https://trustees.tennessee.edu/ or by contacting the individuals below.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on Monday, Feb. 25. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first come, first served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 30 minutes.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EST, Wednesday, Feb. 27.
823 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996
P-265 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996