Knoxville – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet virtually Oct. 22-23.
Following continued guidance by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding COVID-19 and in compliance with the Tennessee Pledge and local guidelines, the meetings will be held virtually with Board members participating electronically or by telephone. Interested individuals are encouraged to watch the meeting online. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Board of Trustees – Fall Meeting
10:00 a.m.* – 12:00 p.m. EDT
(*) The Fall Meeting will start immediately following the Rulemaking Hearing. In the event that the comment period is less than the full 90 minutes, the Fall Meeting may begin earlier than the tentatively scheduled start time of 10:00 a.m
Three committees are scheduled to meet virtually Oct. 22. The Oct. 22 meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
- 8 a.m. EDT/7 a.m. CDT — Finance and Administration Committee
- 10 a.m. EDT/9 p.m. CDT — Audit and Compliance Committee
- 1:30 p.m. EDT/12:30 p.m. CDT — Education, Research and Service Committee
On Oct. 23, the Board will hold public rulemaking hearings beginning at 8:30 a.m. EDT/7:30 a.m. CDT. The full Board will follow, meeting virtually at 10 a.m. EDT/9 a.m. CDT. If the rulemaking hearings end earlier or later than expected, the full board meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items include:
- President’s address
- Campus COVID-19 update
- Reaffirmation of the University of Tennessee Diversity Statement
- Fiscal Year 2021-22 Operating Budget appropriations request for specialized units
- UT System workforce update
- Revisions to board policy on travel
- Internal audit—quality assurance plan
- UT System privacy and information security update
- Grant of tenure upon initial appointment
- Report on Periodic Post-Tenure Performance Review
- Annual report on intercollegiate athletic programs
The full agendas and materials for the meetings have been posted to the Board website and are accessible at: trustees.tennessee.edu.
Requests to address the Board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EDT on Monday, Oct. 19. While the Board’s Standing Rule will apply, given the current environment regarding COVID-19, accommodations will be granted to allow for remote participation by scheduled speakers.
Anyone with a disability or otherwise needing assistance to attend this virtual meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in writing, by email, or by telephone and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, Oct. 21.
Visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19 for the latest information and resources about COVID-19.
P-265 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996
823 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996