Knoxville – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will hold its annual meeting June 24-25 in the Mooney Building, 875 Monroe Avenue, Room 201, located at the UT Health Science Center in Memphis.
Meetings are scheduled as follows:
- June 24
- 10:15 a.m. CDT – Audit and Compliance Committee
- 2:30 p.m. CDT – Education, Research and Service Committee
- June 25
- 8 a.m. CDT – Finance and Administration Committee
- 10 a.m. CDT – Board of Trustees (morning session)
- 1:30 p.m. CDT – Board of Trustees (afternoon session)
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting may begin following a short break. All meetings will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Agenda items include, but are not limited to:
- Proposed acquisition of Martin Methodist College
- Recommended appointment of chancellor for the UT Southern campus
- Annual presidential performance review
- Announcement of President’s Award honorees
- Fiscal Year 2020-21 Operating Budget, including salary plan, student tuition and fees and room and board rates
- Capital outlay funding requests from Fiscal Year 2022-23 through Fiscal Year 2026-27
- Capital maintenance funding requests from Fiscal Year 2022-23 through Fiscal Year 2026-27
- Recommendations regarding the UT Health Science Center chancellor search
- Update on the UT Strategic plan
- Grants of tenure
- Honorary degree recommendation
- New academic programs
The agendas and meeting materials for the meetings have been posted to the Board website and are accessible at: https://trustees.tennessee.edu/.
Requests to address the Board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: https://trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EDT on Monday, June 21. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first come, first served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 30 minutes.
Anyone with a disability or otherwise needing assistance to attend this meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in writing, by email, or by telephone and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 23.
823 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996
P-265 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996