KNOXVILLE – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Feb. 19 in Chattanooga.
The meeting of the full board will begin at 1:30 p.m. EST/12:30 p.m. CST in the UT Chattanooga University Center’s Tennessee Room, 642 E. 5th St., Chattanooga. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Trustees also will meet at 1 p.m. on Feb. 18 for a campus safety presentation in the University Center’s Tennessee Room.
Two board committees are scheduled to meet prior to the meeting of the full board on Feb. 19. All meetings will be in the UT Chattanooga University Center’s Tennessee Room. Committee meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
- 8 a.m. – Education, Research and Service Committee
- 10 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items include:
- President’s address
- Review of lecturer compensation analysis
- An update on UT Institute of Agriculture and UT Knoxville reunification
- Appointment of Mark Paganelli as treasurer
- Revised fiscal year 2019-2020 operating budget
- Fiscal year 2020-2021 tuition and fees for UT Health Science Center
- UT Health Science Center long-range campus master plan
- Amendments to the bylaws
- Annual performance review of Interim President Randy Boyd
- New Bachelor of Science in Education, Deaf Studies major with American Sign Language concentration and new Master of Legal Studies at UT Knoxville
- 2020 institutional mission profile statements
- Proposed department name change (Haslam College of Business at UT Knoxville)
- Honorary resolution for Ron Maples
The full agenda for each meeting and materials are available at: https://trustees.tennessee.edu/materials/2020-winter-meeting/.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the form at: trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on Saturday, Feb. 15. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first come, first served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 30 minutes.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EST, Saturday, Feb. 15.
P-265 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996
823 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996