KNOXVILLE – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Nov. 8 in Knoxville.
The meeting of the full board will begin at 1 p.m. EST/noon CST in the UT Knoxville Pilot Flying J Student Union Ballroom, 1502 Cumberland Ave., Knoxville. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Two board committees are scheduled to meet prior to the meeting of the full board. All meetings will be in the UT Knoxville Pilot Flying J Student Union Ballroom. Committee meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
- 8:30 a.m. – Education, Research and Service Committee
- 10 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items for the trustees to consider include:
- President’s address, which will include updates on the reunification of the UT Institute of Agriculture with UT Knoxville and on the Oak Ridge Institute at UT
- Promotion of Associate Vice President Tiffany Carpenter to vice president for communications and marketing
- Appointment of David Miller as senior vice president for finance and administration and chief financial officer pursuant to a restructuring
- Appointment of Cynthia Moore as secretary and special counsel
- Executive Committee recommendation of bylaw amendments
- Campus processes for determining programs to be funding by the Student Programs and Services Fee
- Report of the Special Committee on University of Tennessee Athletics Programs
- Annual report to the General Assembly
- Proposed revisions to the Board Tenure Policy related to early tenure
- New B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences at UTHSC
- Tenure recommendations requiring Board approval
- Acquisition of office space by sub-easement
- Fiscal Year 2020-21 operating budget appropriations request for specialized units
- Annual report of tuition and fee revenues
The full agenda for each meeting and materials are available at https://trustees.tennessee.edu/ or by contacting the individuals below.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on Wednesday, Nov. 6. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first come, first served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 30 minutes.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EST, Wednesday, Nov. 6.
823 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996
P-265 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996